Payya (Goat Trotters) 4
Onion chopped 1 (medium)
Onion paste of 3 medium onions.
Ginger paste 1/2 tsp
Garlic paste 1 tsp
Black pepper 6-8
Cinnamon stick 1
Cardamom n clove 1 each
Badi elaichi 2
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Corriander powder 2-3 tsp
Oil 1 cup
1. wash the trottles throughly with tap water 3-4 times and strain.
2. Take 4 cups water in a pressure cooker. Add the trottles, salt, chopped onion ans half of the black pepper.
3. pressure cook it for upto 10-12 whistles.
4. When cools, open and check if the torttles are tender.
5. If not give 4-6 more whistles.
6. In a heavy bottom pan take oil and heat.
7. Add whole ingredients like black pepper, cinnamon, cardamom & clove to it.
8. When they begin to crackle, add onion paste, ginger garlic paste and salt.
9. Cook on medium flame stiring ocaasionaly for 10-15 mins.
10. Add turmeric pwdr, chilli pwdr and corriander pwdr and cook well on medium flame for 30 mints, keep stirring.keep Adding little water from the cooker .
11. When it is completely cooked and attained gravy consistency, add all the contents of cooker and mix well.
12. cook for few more minutes and its done.
garnish with corriander leaves and serve hot with rice or chapati.